HEC-RAS is used to evaluate the impacts of floodplain encroachment (flood analysis); for example, delineating the approximate limits of the 100-year floodplain. Effects of structures such as bridges, culverts and weirs in the flood plain can be assessed.
Hydrologists and Engineers
Software is available at: https://www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-ras/.
- The HEC-RAS modeling system simulates flow through a full network of open channels, both natural and man-made.
- The HEC-RAS modeling system develops water surface profiles (depth of flow, water surface elevation, velocity.)
- The HEC-RAS modeling system simulates sediment transport and deposition in a stream channel.
- Develop water surface profiles, evaluate depth of flow in stream channels, delineate floodplain and analyze flooding potential.
- Model and analyze a network of stream channels, a dendritic system or a single river reach.
- Model subcritical, super critical and mixed flow regimes.
- Model sediment transport and deposition in a stream channel.
- Model the hydraulics of bridges, culverts and stream junctions on stream flow and floodplains.
No training information listed.
Program description and support information are available at: http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-ras/.
Contacts for Software Help:
|NAME||STATE, TRIBE, OSMRE OFFICE||PHONE|
|Beckford, Omar||OSMRE-AR||(412) 937 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Self, Stefanie||OSMRE-AR||(412) 937 - email@example.com|