Student Enrollment Process
Instructions below referring to "training contacts" submitting course registration forms for TIPS training classes are for State and Tribal employees only.
OSMRE employees are responsible for applying for training courses through DOI Talent. OSMRE employees wanting to take ESRI on-line courses should email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the course they are interested in taking, after they seek supervisory approval to take the course.
Instructor-Led Class Procedure
- Employees indicate their interest in attending a TIPS class via the annual Training Needs Survey (May).
- The designated survey contact compiles training needs information and inputs data electronically into the survey (May/June).
- TIPS representatives decide the TIPS classes/location that will be offered for the next fiscal year (July/August) and coordinate with course managers and instructors.
- TIPS training contacts are notified one week in advance of when the TIPS class schedule will be released (October).
- TIPS training schedule is posted to the web and training contacts begin registering employees for upcoming TIPS courses. (October/November)
- If you are a state/tribal employee, your training contact will register you for TIPS classes via DOI Learn. Only training contacts should have a DOI Talent login and password. Employee will receive an email from DOI Learn indicating their registration in a class is being process.
- If you are an OSMRE employee, you will need to login to DOI Talent and apply for the class. Employee will receive an email from DOI Learn indicating your supervisor needs to approve your registration for the class.
NOTE: TIPS no longer assigns slots for classes. Enrollment occurs on a first-come, first served basis, with waitlists created when a class becomes full. The TIPS schedule will be posted in the fall and training contacts will be advised to register employees who've identified a need, and are available to attend a class session based on dates published. NTTP will continue to assign slots for their classes.
Approximately 10 weeks prior to the TIPS class, students will receive an email from the National Training Coordinator advising them they are scheduled to attend the training course, the location, the dates/times the class will take place, and requesting information from the student regarding travel arrangements. The Class Coordinator (National or Local) will begin corresponding with the student and handle all travel paperwork for state/tribal students; OSMRE employees prepare their own travel paperwork.